At Blueprint Institute, we thrive when our people thrive. We are currently looking for an Executive & Events Officer to be the supportive force that empowers our senior leadership and leads our events program.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. They will have previous experience working in an office environment, performing administrative duties, and providing support to management. Our team will rely on our Executive & Events Officer for flexibility and foresight, while maintaining confidences related to high-level systems and operations. This position reports directly to the CEO and works collaboratively with all colleagues including the Board, Strategic Council, Research Committee, and staff on different aspects of the organisation.
In addition to the minimum requirements of strong training, aptitude, and experience, we are particularly interested in candidates with the following attributes, which are critical to our identity:
- Policy vision
- Attention to detail
Objectives of this role
Operations and Administration:
- With a primary responsibility of supporting the CEO, provide support to the executive team as directed to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently
- Maintain and refine internal processes that support the highest-ranking executives company-wide, coordinating internal and external resources to expedite workflow
- Manage communication between upper management and employees, liaising with internal and external executives on various projects and tasks
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure the senior executives’ priorities are met, organisational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld
- Assist with end-to-end management of recruiting employees, including their well-organised on-boarding and integration into the team
- Email and diary management of the CEO
- Expense report management and receipt reconciliation for all company expenses
- Travel logistics as required
- Updating and refining the event planning process from start to finish, and implementing those changes
- Building on Blueprint Institute’s public outreach in areas including: contacts, fundraising, communications etc.
- Working with the researchers to provide more opportunities for face-to-face and online events in the calendar, independent of scheduled research
- Investigate permanent office space for Sydney-based employees
Skills and Qualifications
- 4-years experience in administrative role reporting directly to upper management
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organise and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in using Google Workspace and other office productivity tools, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Ability to keep company confidences
- Experience overseeing budgets and expenses
- Experience developing internal processes and filing systems
- Experience in events management
- Experience drafting and updating confidential documentation for the executive
How to apply
Please send your application to [email protected] by midnight of Sunday 26 September with the subject line ‘Executive & Events Officer: YOUR NAME’.
- Applications should include the following (in PDF format).
- A two-page CV
- Academic transcript(s)
- A one-page cover letter that answers the following:
- 1) Why are you applying to Blueprint Institute?
- 2) What would you bring to Blueprint Institute?
- Contact details of two recent referees
We encourage applicants to browse Blueprint Institute’s website for further information about our values and to see our recent work. Applicants do not have to agree with everything we stand for. Critical, independent thinkers are welcome at Blueprint Institute.
Blueprint Institute is an equal opportunity employer and applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Blueprint Institute via [email protected]