Blueprint Institute is looking for an outstanding leader with strong networks in philanthropic and government circles to join the organisation’s executive team as the Head of Partnerships & Operations.
The ideal candidate will have a track record in successful fundraising (ideally in the not-for-profit space), experience in helping grow small organisations from the ground up, extensive knowledge of the Australian public policy landscape, and deep political networks.
Blueprint Institute is a public policy think tank committed to finding evidence-based solutions to the great problems of our time. We have research streams in climate and energy policy, education, tax and fiscal policy, civics, and more. Our research has real impact—we exist to help public policy decision makers see beyond their political confines toward evidence-based policy making.
The successful candidate will be joining one of the newest think tanks in the Australian ecosystem at an exciting time—able to roll up their sleeves and play a leading role in expanding an organisation during an exciting growth phase. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a real impact on the Australian policy landscape.
As Head of Partnerships & Operations, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the general operations of the organisation, including other operations-focused staff
- Working with the CEO to lead fundraising efforts
- Liaising with philanthropists, corporate entities, and high-net-worth individuals to encourage participation in improving public policy outcomes with Blueprint
- Working alongside the CEO to diversify revenue streams
- Organising large events
- Building the Blueprint young member, full member, and corporate membership bases
At a minimum, the successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree
- A track record of successful fundraising
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
Also helpful (but not essential):
- Experience and connections with media
- Experience in the climate and energy, education, or monetary/fiscal policy spaces
About Blueprint Institute
Blueprint Institute is an independent Australian think tank that exists to influence policy and improve outcomes for Australia. Our philosophy is socially progressive, environmentally conscious, and economically responsible. We combine rigorous economic research with a pragmatic understanding of policy through regular engagement with key decision-makers. Our team has experience in politics, bureaucracy, academia, business, and civil society. We leverage this expertise to move the needle on critical policy issues.
Benefits of the role
Blueprint Institute is a fast-paced and welcoming environment. The small nature of our team means that a successful candidate will have strong engagement with the Institute’s senior leadership and board.
The successful applicant should be Sydney-based or willing to move there. We encourage flexible working arrangements and are happy to accommodate the circumstances of our chosen candidates. Office-based work will be increasingly common post-COVID. Our salaries are competitive for the not-for-profit sector.
How to apply
Please send your application to [email protected] by midnight of 21 October with the subject line ‘Head of Partnerships and Operations: YOUR NAME’.
Applications should include the following (in PDF format):
- A CV
- A one-page cover letter
- Contact details of two recent referees
Critical, independent thinkers are welcome at Blueprint Institute. Blueprint Institute is an equal-opportunity employer and applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.