Blueprint Institute is looking for an outstanding candidate to join our growing team as an Operations and Research Associate. The successful applicant will help deliver our strategic communications, outreach, events and more—ensuring our research and analysis gets to the eyes and ears of Australians.
The ideal candidate will have a background in political science, communications, economics, or public policy, and a strong interest in developing a wide-ranging skillset to help drive the organisation forward. This is a fantastic early career opportunity to join one of Australia’s most influential and dynamic think tanks.
Blueprint Institute is a public policy think tank committed to finding evidence-based solutions to the great problems of our time. We have research streams in climate and energy policy, education, tax and fiscal policy, civics, and more. Our research has real impact—we exist to help public policy decision makers see beyond their political confines toward evidence-based policy making.
The successful candidate will be joining one of the newest think tanks in the Australian ecosystem at an exciting time—able to roll up their sleeves and play a key role in expanding an organisation during an exciting growth phase. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a real impact on the Australian policy landscape, and help implement our vision.
As Operations Associate, you will be responsible for:
- Guiding the delivery of, and communications about our reports and analysis on the Australian public policy landscape—including media outreach, social media, and email campaigns
- Supporting our CEO with fundraising efforts—including pitch decks, material and meeting preparations
- Building and engaging with our young member, full member, and corporate membership bases
- Helping coordinate events to launch our reports, bring together key stakeholders, and create forums for discussion amongst our community
- Providing ad-hoc support for the organisation’s growth.
In addition, the Operations Associate will have opportunities to:
- Work with our team to drive the design of our reports, and support the research team in their analysis
- Present our work to the media and build their networks in fundraising, political, media and stakeholder circles
- Build/guide the development of the organisation’s brand and image with the public
At a minimum, the successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree (ideally in political science, communications, government studies, policy or economics)
- Proof of an ability to manage a variety of responsibilities simultaneously
- Exceptional written communication skills (ideally with a sense for design/presentation)
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
Also helpful (but not essential):
- Experience and connections with media
- Experience in the climate and energy, education, or monetary/fiscal policy spaces
About Blueprint Institute
Blueprint Institute is an independent Australian think tank that exists to influence policy and improve outcomes for Australia. Our philosophy is socially progressive, environmentally conscious, and economically responsible. We combine rigorous economic research with a pragmatic understanding of policy through regular engagement with key decision-makers. Our team has experience in politics, bureaucracy, academia, business, and civil society. We leverage this expertise to move the needle on critical policy issues.
Benefits of the role
Blueprint Institute is a fast-paced and welcoming environment. The small nature of our team means that a successful candidate will have strong engagement with the Institute’s senior leadership. They will also have many external and public-facing opportunities to represent the organisation.
The successful applicant should be Sydney-based or willing to move there. We encourage flexible working arrangements and are happy to accommodate the circumstances of our chosen candidates. Office-based work will be increasingly common post-COVID. Our salaries are competitive for the not-for-profit sector.
How to apply
Please send your application to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Operations & Research Associate: YOUR NAME’.
Applications should include the following (in PDF format):
- A CV
- A one-page cover letter
- Contact details of two recent referees
Critical, independent thinkers are welcome at Blueprint Institute. Blueprint Institute is an equal-opportunity employer and applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.